Sep 23, 2009

Books Read in '09, Beginning September 21

Starting as of September 21, 2009, these are the books that I've read this year. Books in bold are books that I'm currently reading but have not yet finished:
* Literary ^ Canadian > Chick-Lit " Non-Fiction # Christian Smut + Children's

1. Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella >
2. The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis * +
3. The Way into Narnia: A Reader's Guide by Peter J. Schakel "
4. The Spirituality of Narnia: The Deeper Magic of C.S. Lewis by John P. Bowen " ^
5. Shopaholic Ties the Knot by Sophie Kinsella >
6. Swapping Lives by Jane Green >
7. Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez *
8. Second Chance by Jane Green >
9. Watermelon by Marian Keyes >
10. My Best Friend's Girl by Dorothy Koomson >
11. The Navigator of New York by Wayne Johnston * ^
12. Promise Me Tomorrow by Lori Wick (No comments, please! :) #
13. Anybody Out There? by Marian Keyes >
14. Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella >
15. Moral Disorder by Margaret Atwood * ^
16.
Hollywood is like High School with Money by Zoey Dean >
17. Life of Pi by Yann Martel * ^
18. Certain Girls
by Jennifer Weiner >
19. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

4 comments:

  1. Great idea to post a list!

    What do you think of Love in the Time of Cholera? I never read it, but found the movie absolutely dreadful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Recording what I have read has inspired me to do more reading!

    Love in the Time of Cholera hasn't grabbed me yet - I started it in Montreal last month, and I didn't get more than 2 chapters in. I haven't picked it up again yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not surprised. I almost walked out of the movie. When you get a chance, I've been grabbed by a book called "The Cellist of Sarajevo." Canadian author, I believe, and I passed it about a hundred times before I finally bought it for the flight here. I'm now just reading it - it's my teacher bus entertainment, so I don't have to be social before 8 am :)

    I also finally dove in to My Sister's Keeper, and couldn't get enough. Loved it - I'd be interested to know which plot you thought was unnecessary. Were we on the same thought?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The plot that I thought was COMPLETELY unneeded was the one between the lawyer and the social worker. Seriously - what did their high school fling have to do with ANYTHING?!

    ReplyDelete

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates